When these dates arrive it is very common to look for special recipes and preparations because we want to give our own people the best of the best. If you’re looking for starters with Iberian hamHam is one of the star products of the Spanish gastronomy, a... for Christmas, you’ve come to the right place! At Enrique Tomás we’re going to share with you the appetizers with ham that serve to whet the appetite of young and old!
Easy starters with Iberian ham
Our favorite appetizers with Iberian ham are:
1. Persimmon with Iberian ham and mozzarella – 5 minutes
The combination of Iberian ham with melon is a classic, but do you want to dare with other fruits? This dish is perfect! You have to buy:
- 100 grams of Iberico bellota ham
- 2 persimmons
- 2 mozzarellas
- Fresh chives
- Peel the persimmons, cut them in half and again in half. Separate the slicesIn the premises of Enrique Tomás when someone says the word... of ham and cut them again. Wrap each piece of persimmon in a slice of ham, you must have a total of 16 segments.
- Put a little oil in a frying pan, you don’t need to add a lot, and add the slices of persimmon with ham. Wait until they are golden and crunchy. Take them out, you only have to put them into a plate!
- Laminate the mozzarellas and cut the chives. Place three slices of persimmon and three slices of mozzarella on each plate. Cover the latter with the chives and the oil, and that’s it! Enjoy!
2. Vol-au-vent filled with ham and cheese – 15 minutes
This dish is prepared at once. All you need for four people is:
- 12 vol-au-vent (pastry to be filled)
- 100 grams of Iberico cebo ham
- 75 grams of semi-cured cheeseCheese is a foodstuff obtained by ripening the curd from the...
- ½ onion
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Start by cutting the onion and, as soon as you have it finely chopped, put it in the frying pan with a little oil. Add salt so that it is poached before. While you are waiting, cut the cheese and the Iberian ham into cubes.
- When the onion is ready, add the ham. Turn it a couple of times.
- Add the flour, stir again and add the milk. As soon as you see that everything is getting consistent, add the cheese and keep stirring. Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- If the bechamel is already ready, fill the vol-au-vents with it and put them in the oven. Leave them five minutes and, ready!
3. Baked scallops with ham – 15 minutes
The seafood is one of the must of these dates and if you want to prepare it in a special way, this is your recipe! The ingredients for four people are:
- 2 scallops
- ½ onion
- 100 grams of Iberian bait ham
- Start by cleaning the scallops, both the shellfish and the mollusk. To do this, you have to separate the shell from the mollusk. You have to clean the shell completely until you are left with only the biggest white part and the red one and, as soon as you have it, rinse it and put it back in the mollusk.
- Cut the ham and onion into cubes as small as you can and put them in a bowl together with the breadcrumbs. Mix it all together. Preheat the oven to 200ºC with heat up and down.
- Spread the mixture you have just prepared over each scallop and then place them all in the oven. Wait ten minutes and, ready! Take them out, wait for them to cool down and you’ll see how delicious they are!
4. Asparagus skewers with ham – 5 minutes
This dish is a very original and different preparation, but the most important thing is how good it is! Do you dare to try it? Then, you need it:
- 6 fresh white asparagus
- 12 skewer sticks
- 150 milliliters of concentrated ham stock
- Gelling agent
- 50 grams of iberico bellotaAccording to the dictionary of the Royal Spanish Academy, th... ham
- Cut the asparagus in half and put them one by one on a toothpick.
- Put the broth in a pot and wait for it to warm up, add the gelling agent to make it denser. Then, turn off the heat and bathe each of the asparagus, transfer them to a plate.
- Cut the ham into slices and put a little on top of each toothpick, and that’s it! Your plate is ready!
White asparagus with ham
5. Red prawns with chamomile and ham – 15 minutes
This dish is the ideal choice if you want a starter with hot Iberian ham, and preparing it is very easy! All you need for four people is:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 200 milliliters of Manzanilla wine
- 200 milliliters of fish fumet
- 10 grams of cornstarch
- 500 grams of peeled red shrimp
- 40 grams of Iberico cebo ham
- Black pepper
- Peel the onion and garlic and cut it all into cubes as small as you can. Put the oil in a frying pan and, as soon as it gets hot, add the garlic and onion. If you do it on a low heat it will stay at its point.
- As soon as the onion has poached, add the wine and 100 ml. of fumet. Raise the heat to the maximum for two minutes to evaporate the alcohol and use this time to dissolve the cornstarch in the other 100 ml. of broth.
- Lower the heat again and add the dissolved cornstarch, the prawns, a little salt and black pepper. Wait two minutes and then add the ham, stir and wait two more minutes. Your prawns are ready! Serve them hot and you’ll see how delicious they are!
These are our favourite appetizers for Christmas but, if none of these have convinced you, you can always opt for one of the more traditional cold starters with Iberian ham! A dish of ham sliced cut with a lot of love will not disappoint anyone! The important thing is to enjoy!
Tipo de servicio
Nombre del proveedor
ENRIQUE TOMÁS S.L.
C/ Occitania 45,Badalona,Barcelona-08911,
Telephone No.+34 93 383 84 85
If you are looking for starters with Iberian ham for Christmas, here we share with you the appetizers that serve to whet the appetite of big and small!