If there is a perfect dish of Iberico ham for the summer that everyone loves, it’s skewers of melon and Serrano ham, but do you know what the trick is to prepare perfect melon skewers with Serrano ham? Enrique Tomas is going to share this secret with you!
Preparation of skewers of melon and Serrano ham
- 80 gr. of Iberico ham or Iberico Bellota ham
- 1/2 of Galia melon
- Sticks suitable for skewers
Step by step
- The first thing you have to do is to open the sachet and let time for the slices to come into contact with the air so that they separate from each other easily. In the meantime, you can cut the melon.
- Cut the melon into slices and remove the bark.
- Now that you have the melon ready, slice it in cubes and put them in a bowl. If you see that the ham is ready, it is time to assemble the skewers.
- You can do two things: either you make skewers with different pieces of melon or you put a single portion thereof on each skewers. We prefer the first option.
- Take a skewer and alternate a melon cube with a little ham, you can split each slice in two for example. As soon as you have your melon and ham skewers ready, put them on a plate and enjoy!
Tip: at Enrique Tomás we have decided to prepare them with Galia melon because it is sweet, always available and is one of our favourites. But, if you want, you can choose any other type of melon.
What to combine the ham melon skewers with
Skewers of melon and Serrano ham: delicious recipe, especially appetising in summertime. Yet you can prepare it as a starter at any time or occasion. is a very refreshing dish that you can serve always as a starter or you can accompany it with other dishes of the same style. During summertime, the menus based on this type of ingredients are very appealing, thus we strongly recommend you some others like:
- Ajoblanco with almonds: Ajoblanco is a Spanish cold soup originary from Andalusia: simply mix 150 gr. of crushed almonds, 80 gr. of crumbled bread, three cloves of chopped garlic, 170 ml. of olive oil, one spoonful of vinegar, 550 ml of cold water and water. As soon as everything is mixed, use a blender to prevent any lumps and let it cool in the fridge.
- Traditional Gazpacho: gazpacho is also a Spanish cold soup made of raw blended vegetables. Wash half a cucumber, a green pepper and five tomatoes, peel everything and put it in the blender glass. Add one clove of garlic, half a loaf of hard bread, 80 ml. of olive oil, 80 ml. of white wine and a little salt and mix until smooth. If it’s too thick, you can add a little water.
- Caprese salad: although you can use any kind of salad, it is very refreshing and easy to make. All you need is tomato, mozzarella, basil and oil. Start by washing the tomato, laminating it and placing it on a plate. Cut the mozzarella into slices and place them on top of the tomato. Bathe everything first in oil and then in basil. Did you see how simple?
And now that you’ve seen what you can eat with your skewers, what are you waiting for to make them? everyone will love them!